PYFP @ HOME FITNESS AND VIDEO CHALLENGE
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN.
- Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the United States and Washington D.C., as well as international entries. The PYFP @ Home Fitness and Video Challenge is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- Sponsor: The Amateur Athletic union (AAU)
- Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the The PYFP @ Home Fitness and Video Challenge (the “Challenge”), entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of AAU, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Challenge.
- How to Enter:
- To enter the “The PYFP @ Home Fitness and Video Challenge", visit the website www.pyfpathome.org and follow the entering directions provided on the PYFP @ Home page. As part of the entry (“Submission”), you must provide a submission which includes:
- A video which showcases how you are staying fit with PYFP @ Home.
- Must be no longer than two (2) minutes. Videos over 2 minutes long will be disqualified.
As part of the entering directions, you will be asked to submit a link to your Video. Videos must be uploaded to a common publicly accessible website (ex: YouTube).
Limit one video entry per person.
Challenge begins at 6:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EDT”) on Monday May 4, 2020. All Submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday May 31, 2020.
For further Submission dates and guidelines, see paragraphs 5, 6 and 8.
AAU is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected Submissions, or Submissions containing incorrect or incomplete information. Not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer, on-line, or Internet systems or services, servers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry or confirmation or winner’s notice on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, problems with the website or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer resulting from downloading any materials in connection with the Challenge. Submissions become the property of AAU and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Judging - Selection of Finalists:
Submissions will be judged by a qualified panel of judges selected by AAU (“Judges”) who will consider the following criteria (“Judges’ Criteria”): best, most original and creative video that (a) maximizes student time participating in PYFP @ Home activities, (b) life lessons that positively impact students and (c) can be adapted to students of all ages and abilities. Voting totals will be used as tiebreakers in the event that lessons are tied in the judges rank.
Winners will be notified by e-mail on or around June 3, 2020. Decisions of AAU are final on all matters relating to the Challenge. AAU is not responsible for any change of email address or phone number of entrants.
AAU reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value. No substitution or transfer of any prize permitted except as provided herein. Prizes are non-redeemable for cash.
The Finalists will be sent their prizes once the challenge is complete soon after June 3, 2020. Any customized apparel will be sized prior to sending all prizes.
- Finalist Voting/Selection of Grand Prize Winner:
The Videos will be posted on the website ranked in random order. Consumers are asked to vote for the Video they think is best according to the following criteria (“Voters’ Criteria”): best displays how individuals are staying fit with PYFP @ home, life lessons that impact students and the ability to implement across all ages and ability levels. Instructions for voting will be provided on the Challenge website.
By entering this Challenge, you agree to the following:
- SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
- Submissions cannot:
- Promote the use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons, any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous or any particular political agenda or message;
- Depict, or itself be in, violation of any law;
- Be obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, offensive, illegal, hateful or obscene, or promote violence or harm;
- Contain any virus, Trojan horse or other harmful or malicious code; or
- Defame, impersonate, misrepresent, slander, libel or contain disparaging remarks about other people or companies, or violate anyone’s privacy.
- Entrants must:
- Submit a video 2 minutes or less that is your (the entrant’s) original work;
- Submit a video that explains how you are staying fit with PYFP @ Home, how it benefits students, and why it deserves consideration to be a winning video;
- You shall be solely responsible for your own Submissions and the consequences of submitting and publishing your Submissions in the Challenge. By entering, you affirm, represent, and warrant as follows:
- you own or have all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish the Submissions (including Video and music) and to grant AAU the rights to use the Submissions as set forth in these Official Rules. Without limiting the preceding sentence, you represent that you have obtained all of the rights, licenses and permissions from each person that appeared in the Submission or helped create the Submission or whose intellectual property is included in the Submission.
- the publication and use of the Submission (including Video and music) as provided in these Official Rules does not and will not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including without limitation contracts, copyrights, trademarks or rights of publicity or privacy; and
- Sponsor and its licensees, assigns and promotional partners (including without limitation AAU) will not be required to pay any money or incur any obligations to any person or entity as a result of their use, exhibition, publication or exploitation of the Submission in whole or in part, such as music licensing fees.
AAU and/or its designed representatives will review all Submissions received. If any Submission fails to conform to these Official Rules, or AAU otherwise determine that the Submission is inappropriate, would reflect poorly on AAU or the Challenge or could adversely affect the reputation or goodwill of AAU, AAU may remove the Submission and make it ineligible for the Challenge. AAU also reserves the right to edit any Submission, including to omit third parties, or to require entrant to edit the Submission in order to make it eligible for entry in the Challenge.
AAU may edit, publish, copy, distribute, display and otherwise use, and license others to use and edit, your Submission (including Video and/or music), worldwide in any media, formats, editions, and derivations, now known or hereafter developed, for all possible editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without further permission, notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law. By submitting your entry, you grant AAU a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display your video, including the music in the video, in whole or in part, in any media worldwide using technology now known or later developed, for any purpose, including for promotional or marketing purposes, and to authorize others to do the same. You agree to sign any documentation as AAU or its designees may request in connection with their use of such non-exclusive rights. By participating in the Challenge, you agree that you provide your entry freely and without restriction, that you were not solicited or compensated for your entry, and that your entry will not place AAU under any obligations other than those contained in these Official Rules.
You also acknowledge and agree that AAU is free to disclose the ideas contained in the entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas therein without any compensation to you. You further acknowledge that AAU does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to AAU, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you. By entering the Challenge, you understand and acknowledge that you will not now or in the future be paid or compensated in any way for your entry or for granting the AAU any of the rights set out in these Official Rules.
You further acknowledge that AAU is not obligated to make use of any of the rights granted in these Official Rules. Without limiting the above language, AAU may publish, display and use your Submission, music and/or the Video on its related digital properties, applications and social media, and in advertising materials for the products and services of AAU and on any AAU’ websites including social media. You waive any and all “moral rights” or similar rights that you may have in any jurisdiction.
You consent to the use by AAU of your name, image, voice, likeness and biographical information worldwide in any media, now known or hereafter developed, for all possible editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without further permission, notice or compensation, in perpetuity, to the fullest extent permitted by law. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that your name, image, voice, likeness and biographical information may be used in advertising materials for the goods and services of AAU.
You release and hold harmless AAU, the NFF, IHT, Active Schools, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, and each of their licensees, assigns and promotional partners, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and related companies, and the respective officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, licensees, and assigns of each of the foregoing (collectively, "Released Parties") from any violation of any personal or proprietary right you may have in connection with the foregoing uses of the Submission, the video(s), the music and/or your name, image, voice, likeness and biographical information, including without limitation any claims of libel, slander, invasion of right of privacy, publicity or personality, or copyright infringement. You also will indemnify each of the Released Parties from any harm or injury (including damages, expenses and attorney’s fees) resulting from any third party claim that your Submission violates or infringes any copyright, trademark, privacy or publicity right, or any other right of a third party. A “third party” is anyone other than you or a Released Party.
Each entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the entrant and
AAU is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that the entrant’s decision to provide the Submission to AAU for purposes of the Challenge does not place AAU in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Submission, other than as set forth in these Official Rules. Each entrant understands and acknowledges that AAU has wide access to ideas, stories, designs, and other literary materials, and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to them or being developed by their own employees. Each entrant also acknowledges that many ideas or stories may be competitive with, similar to, or identical to the Submission and/or each other in theme, idea, plot, format, or other respects. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that such entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of AAU’ use of any such similar or identical material that has or may come to AAU from other sources.
A participant may be disqualified and be ineligible to win the Challenge, in AAU’ discretion, if the participant:
- has been convicted of a felony or has felony charges pending against him or her;
- has been convicted of any crime (felony or misdemeanor) that, AAU determines in its sole discretion, involves drugs or alcohol, domestic violence, or child endangerment or has charges of such crime pending against him or her;
- has an outstanding arrest warrant (felony or misdemeanor) against him or her; or
- is subject to a restraining order
- manipulates or tampers with the Challenge, including any voting practices or mechanisms.
AAU reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the voting process, or the operation of the Challenge website, or who is otherwise believed to be in violation of the Official Rules. AAU further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Challenge in the event the Challenge is not capable of completion as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, printing errors, or technical failures of any kind. In the event of a dispute as to the ownership of an email account or any entry submitted through or with reference to an email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Challenge at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR TAMPER WITH OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT(S) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Employees, directors and officers of AAU, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, and their immediate family members and/or those living in same household are not eligible to enter the Challenge.
All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Consult with your tax professional regarding potential tax implications.
By participating in the Challenge, entrants and Winner agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all liability whatsoever for any loss, harm, damage, injury, cause of action, claim, cost or expense (including without limitation any property damage, personal injury and/or death) arising out of or in connection with the (i) the Submission, Video and/or music; or (ii) the Challenge, including without limitation participation in any Challenge-related activity, travel to or from any Challenge-related activity, and/or possession, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize and for any claims based on publicity rights, copyright infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy.
Released Parties are not responsible if the Challenge cannot take place or if the Prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to acts of nature, acts of war, natural disasters, acts of terrorism, interruptions in transportation, power or communication facilities, labor strikes or lockouts or any other cause beyond Released Parties’ reasonable control. AAU's failure to enforce any term of these rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Winner acknowledges that Released Parties have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are subject to the respective manufacturers’ terms therefore, and Winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee.
ARBITRATION and WAIVER OF CERTAIN DAMAGES: As a condition of participating in this Challenge, entrants agree that (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other indirect damages, (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Challenge, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association before a single arbitrator located in Orlando, Florida; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred including costs associated with entering this promotion, but in no event attorney’s fees or any equitable or injunctive relief. Disputes arising from this Challenge, or any matter arising therefrom, whether direct or indirect, will be determined according to the laws of the State of Florida, without reference to its conflict of laws principles.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter or any social media.
Winner’s List: For the names of the winners, until August 1, 2020 send a separate, stamped, self-addressed, No.10 envelope to: AAU PO Box 22409 Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830